- Ewe drums use antelope skin and are played with both stick and hand.
- Sogo and Kidi have a wooden base producing a distinctive warm tone, often making a set of three with the small stick drum Kaga.
- The Altimevu (Atsimevhu) (the master drum) is leant on a stand as it can be up to 5 feet high.
- Set contains 1 of each of Altimevu, Sogo, Kidi, Kaga, Krobota and Kroboti.
- Image shows (clockwise from top) Altimevu, Kidi, Kaga, Krobota & Sogo. Kroboti not shown.
- From the Ewe tribe in the Volta region of Ghana
- Used during the Agbadza ceremony - one of the oldest dances in West Africa. Agbadza was originally a war dance from the courts of Dahomy but it now a recreational dance performed at funerals, festivals and other social gatherings. The word Agbadza means ‘dance for all’. Like other dances Agbadza can be seen played at almost every village and town in its traditional home the Southern Volta region.
Delivery & returns
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.