- The five pieces in this book represent an exciting and varied selection of steel-pan music, from traditional calypso and soca, to a reggae piece and a Beyoncé song
- Each piece is broken down into clear and simple steps that show you how to build up the music gradually with your class
- Combined with the accompanying DVD – which contains over 50 short clips of the author and a group of KS3 students demonstrating all of the instruments and patterns to each piece – teaching and learning world music has never been so easy or enjoyable
- The five pieces are supplemented with valuable background information about the music and culture, cross-curricular projects, composing ideas, advice on assessment and guidance on teaching whole-class world-music ensembles
- The material in this book has been designed primarily for use with KS2 and KS3 classes, but the addition of higher-ability parts for each piece means the book can be tailored easily to KS4 as well
- It is not necessary to own authentic instruments to get the most out of this book as all of the pieces work equally well on classroom alternatives
Delivery & returns
UK delivery starts at £1.95 and goes to a maximum of £5.95 (excluding Highlands & Islands which can be more for a parcel)
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.