- This impressive resource on samba rhythms combines a tutorial method, a documentary film and a 64 page booklet. Jean-Christophe Jacquin presents the phrases and techniques of percussion played by the baterias in the greater samba schools during the Rio carnival parade
- The instruments for the batucadas , surdos, snares, repinique, tamborim, agogos, chocalhos... are studied in detail. Each instrument is played alone, at a normal speed, in slow motion and polyrhythmically with the rest of the orchestra
- The documentary is called Bateria. A film by Bruno GINESTET, Jean-Christophe JAQUIN, Philippe NASSE and Klaus BLASQUIZ.
- This film was shot during the 2001 carnival in Rio, during bateria rehearsals at the Imperatriz, Mangueira, Portela and Viradouro schools. The preparations for the carnival, the visit to a workshop making percussion instruments and the parade in the Sambodrome, in the heart of the baterias, let us measure the energy imparted by hundreds of percussionists for one of the greatest musical shows on earth
- A book to accompany the method includes the scores for the themes used in the video
- Phrases, variations, tamborim and polyrhythmic arrangements are found here. The history, a glossary and several colour photos complete this edition
- Bilingual texts French / English
Delivery & returns
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.