Best selling & critically acclaimed Djembe Guide tuition pack
Book and CD by Ianto Thornber
- This highly comprehensive book and CD package has been well received in percussion magazines as well as by our shop customers
- A 104-page glossy A4 book with more than 125 photos and rhythm charts and a 31 track CD,
- It has chapters on the background of the djembe in and out of Africa, choosing and maintaining a drum, introduction to the basic strokes, exercises for one person, exercises for small groups, plus 12 full West African rhythms in up to nine parts for more advanced groups
- Support instruments (djundjun, bells, shakers etc) are clearly explained and included in the rhythms
- With advice on how to practice and listen, and a very easygoing step by step design, it contains a deliberate course of learning from first steps to advanced playing, using a combination of rhythm grid tablature and West African oral teaching, so you don't have to read music
- Contains a series of photos of djembes being made in the Gambia.
- Ianto Thornber has trained with Mamady, Seckou and Nansady Keita, Iya Sako, Libon Traore & many others.
- He has led djembe classes & workshops in the UK for over 17 years.
Delivery & returns
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.