- The heavy acacia sound bars are mounted on a stable fir platform, creating a clean, strong and low resonant sound.
- The Marimba can be easily dismantled for travel and easy transport.
- Comes in a box with two mallets
- This kind of instrument reaches back into antiquity. Originally stone bars were used which were then replaced with wooden bars and much later a resonance body. The resonance body increases the duration of the sound and the volume.
- The instrument was brought to Africa through East Indian trading people and to Latin America with the slave trade.
- It is also said that the Celtic people used a relative of the marimbas and xylophones called a Lithophon (litho=stone) and also used an Amadinda made out of wood.
Delivery & returns
UK delivery starts at £1.95 and goes to a maximum of £5.95 (excluding Highlands & Islands which can be more for a parcel)
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.