Viewing 24 of 28.
- Kalimbas & Mbiras are plucked instruments originally of African origin, also known as 'thumb pianos'.
- Metal tongues of different length project over a metal bridge fastened to a wooden resonator.
- The tongues are tuned to various scales, either traditional African or western (diatonic or pentatonic) tunings.
- These is also a range of tuition resources to get you started
- Some instruments have built in pickups
- Includes the ethereal 'sansula' from Germany and the Hugh Tracey kalimbas from South Africa
- Also a couple of well tuned budget models.