Black Kambala style djembe tuning rope
- Heavy duty rope for retuning your djembe
- Black, in 2 sizes
- Flattened profile (as used on Kambala drums)
- 2 thicknesses - 7mm or 5mm max width
- 16 braid, smooth, pre-stretched
- Priced per metre - please state the number of metres you need in the quantity box
GUIDE FOR BUYERS
There are 3 pieces of rope on a djembe : One rope makes the loops around the top ring. A second rope makes the loops around the bottom ring. A third, main rope goes up & down the drum, then round & round to make the Mali weave (fine tuning). When buying rope it is better to be a little generous, as the cost per metre is low, but the frustration can be very high !!!
For the top and bottom (looping) ropes which are attached to the rings
To decide the length of rope for the top and/or bottom rings, measure the circumference around each ring and TRIPLE it. If you can't measure the circumference, you can calculate it as the drum diameter x 3.5
EXAMPLE : A drum has a 30cm (12inch) nominal diameter, so the ring circumference will be about 105cm (42inches ) The top-ring rope length should be 3 x 105 = 315cm 3.15metres (3x42 = 126inches) Buy generous at 3.5 metres
Do the same for the bottom ring (approx 50cm circumference = 1.5metres rope) Buy generous at 2 metres
For the main rope
There are three ways to arrive at the length for the main rope
1) measure your old rope and buy the same length if it was satisfactory.
2) measure the height of the bowl of the drum and multiply by the number of times the rope goes up or down the drum, then add about 3 metres for slack & tuning.
3) measure the height of the bowl of the drum and multiply byTWICE the number of loops on the top ring then add about 3 metres for slack & tuning.
EXAMPLE : An average quality, 12 inch drum has 22 loops on the top ring, so the rope passes up or down the drum 44 times, at 32cm each time. The rope length should therefore be 44 x 32cm = 1408cm (14meters and 8cm). Add 3 metres and buy 17 metres.
NB good quality drums can have as many as 36 loops/ 72 passes, and may need as much as 27 metres for the main rope.
Delivery & returns
We're back in on Monday 30th December
UK delivery starts at £1.95 and goes to a maximum of £5.95 (excluding Highlands & Islands which can be more for a parcel)
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.