These Swedish lyres are carved into an open shell shape from a solid piece of hardwood maple.
- These Swedish lyres are carved into an open shell shape from a solid piece of hardwood maple.
- The body is carved with antler-like openings, which increase the resonance of the wood, and influences the sound and vibration of the body.
- The vibration is a gentle, quiet sound that calms and opens the mind especially if you hold the lyre close to your body and feel the resonance. It can keep a group of children spellbound. . . . . .
- The sound is familiar to us yet reminds us of ancient times, as it is an ancestor of the harp. They were very popular in the Celtic cultures of Scandinavia, Ireland, France and Lithuania. It is thought that their form may have been adopted from Greek or Armenian mythology. Variations of lyres and harps are also used in Africa.
- Tuning key and a “How To” guide supplied
- 12 notes diatonic, Cmaj d - e
- 17.6 x 8.8 x 1.6 inches
Delivery & returns
We're back in on Monday 30th December
UK delivery starts at £1.95 and goes to a maximum of £5.95 (excluding Highlands & Islands which can be more for a parcel)
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.