- Initiation into the Arab world of percussion, Darabuka - Bendir - Riqq
Length: 150 mn
Available in English and French
Double DVD PAL all zones
A 112 pages booklet
- Ali Alaoui
Born in 1967, in FEZ, the cultural and sacred city of Morocco, Ali Alaoui has practised the art
of percussion since childhood. At the age of 19, he joined the principal orchestra in Fez, then
taught at the Casablanca Conservatoire while playing with the Moroccan National Orchestra as solo percussionist.
In his own country, as in the rest of the world, he always seized every opportunity to share music with musicians of every region and origin, playing folk, popular, classical and religious music as well as classical compositions by contemporary artists. His many-sided activities have made him a teacher
- â€¢ An education method
- The basic techniques for the Darabuka.
- The strokes, ornamentations and effects.
- A number of rhythms from the various cultures of the Arab world
- The basic techniques for the Bendir
- The basic techniques for the Riqq
- Continuous loop and interactive indexing of the DVD
- More than 50 indexed sequences on 20 screens
- French and English - Length 85 minutes
- Soufie Ceremony with l'ensemble Aïssaoua de Fez
- A solo concert
Concert with Ali Alaoui
(Théâtre Mohamed V de Rabat). 10 mn
- A documentary film : Ali's bet
This documentary film, shot in Morocco takes us into the world of classical, or traditional and
popular music. The film follows a series of meetings with the Aissawa brotherhood and trance music, the musicians of the Conservatoire of Arabic-Andalusian Music of Fez
Delivery & returns
UK delivery starts at £1.95 and goes to a maximum of £5.95 (excluding Highlands & Islands which can be more for a parcel)
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.