Natural calabash (gourd) shaker with a net of Cowrie seeds to make the rattling sounds. Hand made in Kenya. Approx 25cm. Sold singly
- Hand-made Cowrie shell calabash shaker (Chekere, Shekere)
- White cowrie shells are hung in a net around a natural gourd calabash body
- Cowrie shells, at one time, were used as currency in this part of the world
- Sizes vary - approx 9 to 12 inches length
- Gourd shapes have natural variation
- Weights - between 300 and 500g
- Sold singly
- Made in Kenya
Delivery & returns
We're back in on Monday 30th December
UK delivery starts at £1.95 and goes to a maximum of £5.95 (excluding Highlands & Islands which can be more for a parcel)
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.