- Klangauge (pronounced Klangowger) translates as 'Sound Eye' in German
- An ingenious tuneable steel hand drum with 8 tones, sometimes referred to as a tongue drum or steel drum.
- It produces overtone-like sounds in eight distinct notes.
- Customers sometimes ask whether the Klangauge is a Hang, which it is not, but the Klangauge's development was greatly influenced and inspired by the Hang.
- The Klangauge has a unique sound of its own.
- The tongues are played with fingertips or light felt beaters.
- The two (previously available) tunings of f-major pentatonic and e-minor pentatonic are now available in one instrument through an ingenious system of internal tuning magnets. The Klangauge can be switched between these two different scales by moving the internal magnets on the underside of each of the tongues. This allows the user to individually change the tuning of each tongue, to F-major pentatonic or E-minor pentatonic scales.
- Instructions for tuning of the Klangauge are enclosed.
- 2 colour options - Ivory White, or Black
- Great for solo improvisation, sound therapy, kids music and for playing with other instruments.
- Shipping weight 5.3kg, diameter 30cm, height 16cm
Delivery & returns
UK delivery starts at £1.95 and goes to a maximum of £5.95 (excluding Highlands & Islands which can be more for a parcel)
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.