Playing the Hugh Tracey Karimba
- The African-tuned Karimba is quickly becoming a new favourite. It is an ancestor of the mbira, and may represent our clearest view of what the first African kalimbas looked like.
- Now, there is a great book on how to play the African-tuned Karimba. This book explores the unique note layout, and how that note layout leads you to different melodies and rhythms.
- While harmony is usually not a part of traditional African music, we do explore the connection between western harmony and the arpeggios that come easily to the karimba.
- The unique karimba tablature makes learning to play the karimba a breeze
- Please note these are original rather than traditional tunes
Delivery & returns
UK delivery starts at £1.95 and goes to a maximum of £5.95 (excluding Highlands & Islands which can be more for a parcel)
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.