Sound reinforcement in a nutshell
- This resource for musicians details how to convert the sound of a musical instrument to an electrical signal for amplification.
- Information is applicable to a wide range of acoustical instruments so musicians can learn about adding a pickup or an onboard microphone to their instrument.
- Detailing the three main types of pickups -- contact, magnetic, and air microphones -- the advantages and disadvantages of each are discussed, along with the instruments for which each is best suited.
- Mounting options are described, and tips and tricks on how to get the most out of each type are included. Information on cables, preamps, impedance matching, amplifier inputs, and making components to wire microphones and pickups is given, along with comparisons of similar store-bought products.
- Also included are an appendix of suppliers and a bibliography.
Delivery & returns
UK delivery starts at £1.95 and goes to a maximum of £5.95 (excluding Highlands & Islands which can be more for a parcel)
Free Delivery over £95 - This applies to orders delivered to the UK mainland only and (excludes Highlands & Islands)
We aim to ship upon of receipt of an order, subject to stock availability.
Once the item has been despatched it becomes your responsibility to return an order or item in an unmarked and resaleable condition before we can issue a refund to you. Please note that return postage charges cannot be refunded unless the product is faulty or not as described. Also please note that this only applies to individual customers.